Friday, November 15, 2013

Welcome!

My goal as a 4th grade teacher is to make sure that all of my students grow in their learning.  Everyday we do exciting activities to help us grow into lifelong readers and writers.  I am creating this blog as a means to keep you more informed about what we do.  I will be sharing information about upcoming projects, highlighting work that the kids have done, and sharing the skills we are working on. I will be updating this blog weekly to keep you informed.  As always...please don't hesitate to let me know if you have any questions or concerns.  So here goes...let the new adventure of blogging begin!

Extended Response Questions:

I am sending home the pre-test from our first extended response assessment.  You will be getting the rubric that I used to score the writing as well as the test that was given.  In an extended response assessment the students have to read a small passage and then answer a question about the text.  We are looking for many things when we look at these answers.  Did they write in a complete sentence, did they restate the question, did they use examples from the text to answer the question, etc...

Please remember that this was a pre-test!  I did not expect for any of them to have a perfect score.  This pre-test gives me good information to plan my instruction.  The areas that they did not score well in are areas that we will be practicing in class.  We will be taking a post-test in a few weeks.  Our goal of course is to see growth from the pre to the post assessment.

How-To Articles and Demonstrations:

Last week we finished up our How-To Articles as well as our in class demonstrations.  The kids all did an amazing job!  There publishing skills on the computers definitely went above and beyond what I thought they would do.  Today the kids will be bringing home the graded products so that you can take a look at what the accomplished.



No comments:

Post a Comment